Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Flight: United #1140 DEN-BWI

Departing From: Denver, Colorado (DEN)
Traveling To: Baltimore, Maryland (BWI)
ETD: 10:50 AM MST
ETA:
Est. Duration: 3 h 33 m
Departure Gate:
Arrival Gate:
Seat: 16C (Economy Plus, Exit Row)
Equipment: Boeing 757
Miles:
Other:

Same plane, different seat. I'm in the exit row for the window exits and not the door exit. Flight is the most empty flight I have been on in quite a while. I have the whole exit row to myself, so I can kick back and enjoy a nice flight on a sunny, beautiful day.

Got to spend the hour between flights in United's Red Carpet Club. I received two passes as a promotion, and I'm usually not sitting in an airport long enough to use them (or I'm in an airport where there isn't one). The club was right outside the gate I was using, and I had a little more than an hour to kill and batteries to recharge so it seemed like a good time to use one. The Red Carpet Club (and similar frequent flyer lounges with other airlines I assume) is in some ways not such a big deal. It's a large lounge with some snacks, TVs, places to work, and lots of phones. But, it's much quieter than the rest of the airport, and since the clientele is mostly frequent business travelers they tend to be all polite, well behaved people. So, it's not really a big deal except its a place where you can relax a little because its a lot more peaceful than the rest of the airport. I sat here for an hour and had a cup of coffee and got all my batteries recharged and made some phone calls. Denver's club (there are two of them I believe) is larger than most I think. Of course, without the passes I would never pay to join

The movie on the flight is "Raising Helen". I have no idea what the movie is about, but I couldn't pay attention past the credits. 757s have the weakest entertainment options out of all the United flights I've been on outside of the regional flights. The only audio channel I feel like listening to is the jazz channel they run on channel 9, which they take over for listening to the FAA chatter (I'm listening to that instead - the sign of a true travel nerd). We've got about 3 hours of flying to Baltimore, so I should be able to get a lot done.'

No comments: