Thursday, September 09, 2004

Drive: Home to Flemington, NJ

From: Home
To: Flemington, NJ
Miles: 388
Duration: 3.5 hours

Just a straight shot up I-96, NJ-Turnpike, I-295. Probably the only real interesting thing this trip was I used my "EZ-Pass" for the first time. I know it worked some of the times because you have to slow down to 5 MPH and a green light comes on. But the unit in the car provides no feedback to let you know its doing anything, and some of the toll booths have no indicator for you that they are doing anything. I guess it works, I'll know when I get the statement.

I was surprised how slow you have to get in Maryland to go through it, it's posted as 5 or 10 MPH. I know its not because of the technology, because the NJ-Turnpike booth at the end let's you go through at 55 MPH. Probably more related to going through the old toll booths which are narrow and have employees walking around them. But, slowing down to 5 or 10 doesn't necessarily give you a time improvement for some of the booths.

No comments: