Thursday, July 08, 2004

Hotel Rating System

To help with a more quantitative analysis of hotels, I have come up with a rating system to help compare hotels to each other.
  • General feeling of safety, 1 star is awarded (not afraid to walk outside)
  • Dining in the hotel, 1 star
  • Bar in the hotel, 1 star
  • Internet access in the hotel room, 1 star, 1 extra if free ("dial up" is not Internet access)
  • Wireless internet for free in the common areas, 1 star
  • Hotel room has a nice desk with easy access to power, 1 star
  • Shower is tall enough I don't have to duck down, ventilation good, 1 star
  • Air conditioning works well and isn't noisy, bed comfortable, 1 star
  • Common areas are generally quiet and well behaved, 1 star.
You'll notice that this is my 10 point system for business travel. There are a lot of ammenities I don't care about. Generally a clean, nice place that is easy to work and sleep in. I might award bonus points for a great view and convenience to where I need to be, and there is a big penalty for not having Internet access.

No comments: