Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Flight: United #1134 DEN-IAD

Departing From: Denver, CO (DEN)
Traveling To: Washington, DC (IAD)
ETD: 07:35PM October 9, 2006
ETA: 012:45AM (Next Day) October 10, 2006
Est. Duration: 3 hr, 15 min
Departure Gate:
Arrival Gate:
Seat:
Equipment:
Miles:
Other:

It's hard to resist the urge to rant about flights some times. This is one of those times.

Against my better judgement I "upgraded" to an economy plus seat, thinking at least I could spend a few hours typing on the laptop. United has a problem in that they allow their seats to recline much too sharply. Even after spending extra money (well, only $30), the person in front of me put their seat back preventing any use of a laptop. Almost crushed the screen also - I don't know why people have no manners to ask before leaning their seat back into your space. You have no recourse, outside of sneezing frequently.

So, the back up plan was to catch up on reading. No luck there. The overhead light didn't work for that seat, and the person next to me was sleeping and not turning their's on.

So I sat in the dark for 3 hours back to DC.

One funny note, in the middle of this the attendant asked if I would like to fill out a survey on how much I enjoyed my flight. They're lucky the light bulb wasn't working.

Complaining about flights is such a cliche that I don't have the energy to think up something new. I used to be a United Premier Executive member in their travel program. I think all the loyalty to try and retain this has finally been squeezed out of me.

No comments: