Thursday, March 10, 2005

Flight: United #5334 MKE-IAD

Departing From: Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
Traveling To: Washington Dulles (IAD)
ETD: 06:00PM March 10, 2005 CST
ETA: 8:55PM March 10, 2005 EST
Est. Duration: 1 hr 55 min (actual 1 hr)
Departure Gate:
Arrival Gate: G2
Seat: 7C
Equipment: Canadair Regional Jet CL-65
Miles:
Other:

There was a ton to worry about with this flight. It was snowing like mad all day in Milwaukee, and while I kept telling myself that it would be OK because they can deal with snow, after the flight on Tuesday I kept thinking about how other airports can screw you up. Upon arriving at the airport, early enough to deal with changes, the United counter agent also booked me on a US Air flight through Charlotte, "just in case". By the time I left the ticket area, the US Air flight was already marked "delayed", making that effort worthless.

But, the snow started to let up around 4, and the equipment was coming in from Ohare which much be about a 15 minute flight from Milwaukee. There are worse places to have to wait than MKE, and the plane left on time.

A little bumpy at times, and wasn't able to open my laptop to work because it was too crowded. Flight ended up getting into IAD about 10 minutes early. They we're very generous with the "snacks" this time on the flight, bringing a big tray with a choice of the pretzels or the "snack mix". Everyone was grabbing the snack mix, and she encouraged me to take it over the pretzels. I told her that I was heading home and I know the snack mix is loaded with garlic. Some people put the snack mix back - kind of funny. If you're headed away from home, take the snack mix. It is good...

Even though we landed at the always to be avoided Concourse G, my bag came out about the time I made it to the baggage area so ended up being a long day with lots of worrying but an easy flight.

No comments: